Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 1 R685 Web 2.0

This is my first post in an Indiana University Instructional Systems Technology graduate course on Web 2.0.

This will be my first experience trying out web 2.0 technologies like blogs, video blogs, podcasts, wikis, etc. The class has 11 people most having worked for some years so we'll be able to share work experience and discovery during the semester. It should be a lot of fun.

The course R685 titled the World is Open with Web Technology is starting at a fast pace with lots of options for weekly readings. Professor Bonk recently published a book called The World is Open. It is a very interesting read reminding me of the World is Flat by T. L. Friedman. Dr. Bonk speaks of enablers for the web being "pipes, pages and a participatory culture." Dr. Bonk describes these events in Friedman terms as "triple convergence." I'm hoping to understand the implications of this thought as the semester progresses.

This week represents two mileposts for me, my first blog and first FaceBook page. I hope to experiment with the other web 2.0 technologies as the semester progresses. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment