Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 10 R685 YouTube and Online Video

This has been a fascinating week of reading and shared ideas in class. I had not realized the scope of video content that was available and am still gaining a toe hold in this body of knowledge that is available.

Interestingly I'd learned to google "how to" topics earlier this year for house projects often finding help from amateur videophiles on techniques through YouTube. After this week's class focus, I see the use of video even more broadly.

Using video as anchors, enders, etc makes sense from our class chat and discussions. John Keller ARCS comes to mind with video but also the notion of dual coding. I've seen Sonoco personnel's eyes become "anchored" to the screen with some of my prototype video clips so I'm convinced of the power of video to gain attention and transfer knowledge.

I'm going to use this idea in my final R685 project. I've begun scripting several videos of quality systems elements for several North American facilities. I think these will be very effective and I wouldn't have considered without what we learned in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment