Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week 13 R685 Educational blogging

The week started auspiciously with Dr. Bonk live on NPR. He was part of the Apple Does It Again discussion. The flexibility of the iPad to reach seemed appropriate to this week's class discussion about educational blogging.
We had an outstanding chat session this week with Stephen Downes presenting. I gained a new appreciation for personal learning. Stephen's delivery was very open and very interesting. I couldn't help thinking that he learned because of his blogging activity. He mentioned others might gain insights with his blogs and that was good, but I also sensed that the act of blogging was an educational experience for him. An interesting thought. It was as if the blog helped organize his thinking.

And it was really neat to hear my professor "live" on national news!

2 comments:

  1. Steve:
    I really enjoyed reading your blog today. I caught up on your impressions and thoughts from the last several weeks. As usual, it seems like we have a lot in common due to our backgrounds. I'm following the practical uses of the iPad to see if I could benefit from it in work-related ways other than pure fun! I think it needs to serve multiple purposes before making the investment.
    ~Mag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't he wear you out? :-) Dr. Bonk's energy just wears me out. I think you can learn a lot from blogs as well as podcasts. My boyfriend listens to Leo Laports tech podcast just about every night and is always telling me the latest technology trends and problems. You may remember Leo's TV shows "call for help" and "the screen savers" anyway he does a lot of podcasts now. I envision blogging to be the same way. You can learn a lot from the experiences of expertise in the field.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete